Malia "teething" is a nightmare: sleepless nights, high fevers, inconsolable crying... it is AWFUL! However, when teething produces such a happy smile, maybe it isn't so bad as it seems.
This last teething episode was exceptionally awful since her molars are coming in. As a result, Malia wouldn't take her pacifier... we think it hurt her mouth to suck on it. We decided to run with the no pacifier thing (despite her being better from teething) and now Malia is a big girl! No more pacifier needed for nap time or bed time! Instead we just have to make sure that she has her green blankie and her penguin Mr. Louie. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be to break her from her binkie habit. It only took a few days, and about 5-7min of crying before nap and bed time. Now she goes down like regular (which is no fuss) minus the binkie! Hooray!
1 comment:
I hate teething too! Maren's working on getting a canine out now. I wish she didn't want her binky!! I've been thinking a lot about banishing it. I tried to put her down last week without it...I gave in after 30 seconds. I felt bad about it because she's teething. It's fun to see Malia's big toothy smile!
Post a Comment