Thursday, August 13, 2009

RoadTrip!

Aaron, Malia and I headed up to Seattle for a Mariners Game! It was a randomly planned trip... we just wanted to get out and explore the city!
***
We first made a stop in Tacoma at the Brown & Haley factory. We never should have gone... we bought way too much candy! At this factory they sell "mishaps" and "miswraps" at an extremely discounted price. You can't pass up some cheap, yet yummy Almond Roca!

Once in Seattle we walked our way up to Pike's Place. There were sooo many people! It was quite the experience.


Malia was obviously thrilled to go from her car seat (which she spent hours in), to her stroller...

I loved the neon signs.

The first Starbucks to open in Seattle.


The City view...


The waterfront view...


Funny Faces!


The infamous space needle! By now we must have walked 10-15 blocks, and still had 10 more to go... not to mention we still had to walk back towards Safeco Field.


Random sidewalk art...


We finally made it!



ChinaTown


One of the many random things to be seen in Seattle...
A man in a Chicken costume.


Safeco Field

"We want a pitcher, not a belly itcher!"




Malia's first experience with cotton candy. She didn't really like it...


Hooray! What a fun trip!

2 comments:

Song said...

Some how I've never thought of visiting Seattle, but I suddenly find myself thinking. . . why haven't we ever done that? Let's do it together sometime, huh?

Jeralyn said...

It's funny that you said you never should have gone to the Brown & Haley place... I find myself wanting to go everytime we will pass it (which will be a lot pretty soon) :)

And Song, if you want to visit Seattle, you'll have a free place to stay!