Aaron and I have decided that we are NOT winter people, especially when snowboarding is a wash being pregnant and all... We really miss the summer! As a result, we really haven't been up to anything super exciting, let alone anything worth blogging about. It's been a lot of fun relaxing, catching up with friends, and having super fun game nights. But other than that, I know we've been real busy, but not exactly sure what with! You know how that goes...
***
Aaron is loving his new job, and we have been loving having every weekend together as a family. We have managed to do some random things to keep Malia busy. We make trips to the airport to watch the planes, we visit pet shops, we find new places to walk, and just recently, we took Malia to ride on the "choo choo train" (the Max) in downtown Portland. She loves trains and every time we pass a flashing red light, or drive somewhere that looks like Ridgefield's downtown (where we her the trains all the time), she'll yell out "choo choo train!"

I don't know what this goofy face is for on Malia, but she would not stop talking about the choo choo train, and she really did have a lot of fun! We rode the free part from Lloyd Center to Pioneer Square, did some window shopping, then took Malia to this ginormous fish store with hundreds of tanks! It is so much fun to watch her smile with joy. It truly is what being parent is all about. Malia has been keeping our hands full, and her personality is becoming all the more stubborn and demanding! We can't believe she'll be two! She is so independent, it is not even funny. She helps with the chores, which, I can't wait to put her in charge someday :). Her tantrums are outrageous, her giggles just crack you up, and her voice is becoming all the more pronounced. She doesn't enunciate words all that clearly, but she is soooooo smart! I love when she says "i love you". I know this video is long, but you'll be so amazed at how well she knows her alphabet!
Oops, I forgot to apologize in advance... you can tell she is taking a poo while I am video taping her. Speaking of, potty training has been put on hold. All of a sudden she has decided that she HATES her potty. We still try, but she won't even sit down on the potty, let alone pee. I don't know what happened! She is still young, but geez! She better be trained by baby #2! We've introduced her to her "no shi-shi's" (her undies), which she does love to wear, so we will just have to wait and see. Malia loves reading books, playing with her leap frog pad, playing with her potato heads, stuffed animals and baby, playing pretend with her kitchen, going to nursery at church, she loves putting her toy containers on her head, and her newest most favorite thing right now are "the wiggles". She loves dancing and singing along. Don't ever get your kid hooked on them. Their videos will drive you crazy! Kids love 'em though. Malia is working on cutting her upper canines. She still has her lower ones to cut, and then the dreadful second molars. She is so far behind in her tooth eruption! Malia is still a picky eater. She'll eat really good one day, and then terrible for the next two or three. We'll have to see how she falls on her growth chart next week. Oh, did I mention her love for candy? Aaron taught her that stupid ASL sign for candy and she can do it non-stop! Sorry this post is so random, but I wanted to give you an update on Ms. Malia. She really is so cute! Lately, I have been on a braid fetish with her. She is so good, and sits so still! Her hair makes me want to go on some great vacation to Mexico or something.

Soon I will update you on Baby #2. I have an appointment on Friday, and then I get to schedule my ultrasound! We can't wait. As soon as we find out, we plan to transition Malia out of her room and into the guest bedroom, onto the queen sized bed. I want to paint it something girly, but something that visitors don't have to feel so childish with. (That's why we plan to have Malia sleep on the queen bed, so if people come to visit, they still have somewhere to sleep other than the couch). Malia had the opportunity this last weekend to sleep on a big bed, by herself, and she did great! So we think she is ready. Maybe after that move she'll be more than ready to start the potty training again. :) I should have lots more blogging to do, so do check it again! Her birthday is next week, so it should be something fun to look forward to!
No comments:
Post a Comment