Tuesday, November 18, 2008

No News is Good News!

I feel bad not having blogged in a while, but we really haven't had anything too exciting to share. I've been waiting for the perfect occasion / perfect "picture opportunity moment" so that I might have a good reason to blog, but ever since Halloween, it seems that we have either been

A: Too boring

B: Too poor to do anything worth taking a picture

C: Too busy, or

D: Neglecting Malia???

I figured in an effort to post something, I would take some random pics, (which might I add are super adorable), and give you a quick update on our busy little family.









Malia certainly has a way of melting our hearts. It is amazing to watch her learn and grow. Our favorite thing lately is to listen to her giggles and babbles and whines and growls and even her cries... every noise is just so cute! Malia has developed a fetish: she loves her soft little green blankie and won't nurse or sleep without it. Weird huh? What else... this little girl is on the verge of crawling. She has been getting really good at lunging forward onto her knees to reach for things, and then returns quite gracefully into a sitting position. Though she seems a little slow at learning to crawl, her standing skills are pretty solid. She is even starting to let go of things and hold her balance for several seconds. Malia has always been more of the "staging" baby. We can place her in all sorts of positions, but she can't yet figure out how to get there herself. For those of you who have little ones getting into EVERYTHING, I know what you are thinking... "Don't rush it!" But, we just can't help it... having a baby is so much fun!!! I do have a bunch of videos to share, but I want to edit them into short clips. As soon as I figure out how to do that, I will post them.
***

As far as Aaron goes, he is doing well. He still has another week of the "cancer zapping cream" and then a follow up in December. His face is healing pretty well, the scar is becoming less noticable, and the swelling is slowly decreasing. The only thing on his mind right now is finals... so wish him luck!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hoku! Thanks for sharing all the cute pictures! I just wanted to say: don't worry about the crawling thing. Leah just barely started crawling at 11 months. I think she still likes scooting better. She started pulling herself up on the furniture about the same time, so I'm thinking she might just focus more on learning to walk instead. Anyway, we'll see you guys in a month!!

The Jensen Fam said...

Ok, you have a poster child. Malia is adorable. If you think you're poor maybe you should schedule a meeting with BabyGap. You have a model baby on your hands!

aves_is_our_faves said...

Malia is getting so big! She looks like a toddler already with her standing skills. I can't wait until Ava and her can play together. Fun times ahead.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the 8mo picks also. Tough to choose a fave, but I would have to say the close up with the flower head band! She is so beautiful!

Kati Howard said...

It's all good, we're a little boring too. That, and we've been internet-less for the past month.

Malia is cute as ever.... I couldn't believe that picture of seeing her stand by herself. Growing indeed.

ABCD Clapp said...

I know a million people have called dibs on your little girl, but when she is of dating age please give me a call.... I have 2 super cute boys that I am sure would love your little angel!!