We had so much fun hosting this year's pumpkin carving festivities. The kids played well together (when Malia wasn't taking all of her toys away from them), and the adults had a great time expounding upon their creative abilities. Oh, and did I mention the great eats!
I know Malia was a huge fan...

I seemed to have forgotten to get pictures of us in "carving action", so here is the finished product. I was very proud of Aaron for picking such an intricate design. He usually goes for the easy, jack-o-lantern style of pumpkin. I also thought it was very clever to carve the pumpkin on its side. I admit that I was hesitant of the idea at first, but it sure turned out great!

Not that this was a bad thing, but my pumpkin was too large for a stencil. (Aaron and I were on the hunt for abnormally ginormous pumpkins at the farm.) So, I went with an idea from a stencil, and free handed it! I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

Here's most of the kiddos from the evening (minus Mason and Logan). Laelle, Ava, Landon and Malia. It is amazing how fast everyone is growing! Check out the blog photos from last year!




No comments:
Post a Comment