Saturday, April 9, 2011

A week long staycation…

This was THE BUSIEST week of ‘vacation’ ever! I suppose you could say that I was ‘looking’ for something to occupy my time, but both Aaron and I can agree that we are tired of our gloomy wet winter, and are more than READY for spring and some sun! I think we have just been so sun deprived that we felt like it would ‘rush’ the warm seasons in with new paint colors. But, let me tell ya… Our new colors make our house feel so much lighter, brighter and bigger! It was a lot of work, a lot of paint, a lot of patience with some poor kiddos who only wanted to play, and a lot of fun shopping for new accessories. Smile

Living Room

living room

If our house was bigger, the deep brown/purple would be really nice on an accent wall. But with all the gray days, it was a little suffocating. Now we have a nice off-white/tan with some green plant accents and couch pillows.

Dining Room

dining room

I really like how the color from the living room meets the dining room wall. This color, which flows into the kitchen, is a tan/grey ‘café’ color. The new colors make you notice the wall accents more, which are also green, and we found some awesome drapes from Ross for $4.99 that match our new couch pillows, also a steal of a deal!

Did you notice that my clock and chairs were different?

clock & chair

I wanted the clock to match the new yellow color in my hallway (pictured below) to tie everything together. I painted the inside and then scraped off the paint over the roman numerals. It’s not perfect, but saves the $ on a new matching clock! I also needed to reupholster our no longer child-friendly WHITE chairs. A friend gave me some advice on Ikea fabrics and Voila! The fabric colors are almost identical to our new color scheme.

Hallway

DSCN3387

We went with a ‘yellow’ to lighten things up. I forgot to take a before picture, but everything that you see in this pic was an almost white/off-white before. I like that there are two colors now to divide the space up between hall/stairs and living room. I had plans to paint up the stairwell, but that will be a project for next year.

Kitchen

kitchen

I have always wanted a red kitchen so I was a little sad to see it go. But this new color looks super awesome and makes everything seem crisp! And, according to color experts, it should curb our appetite and make us eat less foods. Hope it works!

***

And a big THANK YOU to some awesome girlies who let all this happen!

DSCN3270

(Here’s to hoping my next ‘vacation’ ends up really being a

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!)

1 comment:

Leah said...

This all looks really great! I have some super ugly chairs to paint & recover ... Duh, Ikea! I'll go check it out! :) Here's hoping the paint change encourages a weather change! :)