Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Malia!!!

We did not know that turning one could be so much fun! We had the most fantastic Luau EVER! We had great music, great company, and great food, (thanks to the help of the best Nana and Papa ever) ... kalua pig, teriyaki chicken, potato macaroni salad, ambrosia, hawaiian sweet rolls, pineapple upside down cake... it was just FANTASTIC! A huge thank you to everyone who came to show your love and support! We had a blast!
We had a huge turnout! 63 people! Thank goodness it was nice weather so we could use the deck...
Bring out the cake!






Yummy to my Tummy!



Oops... we almost forgot the birthday princess tiara!

"Hmmm... I am not so sure I feel about this 'cake' thing... Why is everyone staring at me!?!"


"Let me try again..."


Malia was being such a clean/petite eater, that she had a little help from a friend...


"Yay! I am a big girl now!"


Nana was such a huge help. THANK YOU! We love you soooo much!

Opening all of her FABULOUS gifts!




What a gorgeous birthday girl!

Thanks for all your help too Papa! Thanks for teaching me how to use my new toys!

***
The next morning was Malia's actual birthday, and I couldn't help but take more pictures of our beautiful little girl. Her new earrings make her look adorable, especially with her new birthday bows! (Thanks Ava!)

This is a cute pic with her daddy, and her voluptuous Angelie Jolie lips :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best 1 year birthday party i've ever been to =) Happy Birthday Malia we love you!!

Jordan and Loni Carr said...

HEY HOKU, I am so excited that you have a blog, well actually even more that you obviously use it!! I found it on Maura/Bens blog. Malia is adorable!! and I really like her earings, I think earings on toddlers is cuter than on adults. I am so excited to be able to see what your up to now. We have one at jlcarr.blogspot.com and I am due in 10 wks!! YAY

Katelyn Graves said...

Hoku! Malia is the cutest little girl I have ever seen! I found you from Kati's blog. It has been a long time! I didn't even realize that you had Malia. She is so beautiful, congrats!