Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

It was my side of the family's turn for Thanksgiving this year, and we got the chance to host! It was a lot of work, a lot of dishes, but A LOT of fun! I was mostly worried about cooking the turkey. I don't mind eating turkey, but all the preparations up until it is sitting neatly on your plate ready to eat grosses me out. So... I put Aaron in charge of the turkey.


He found a good turkey rub recipe that goes UNDERNEATH the skin. Here he is stretching the skin from the meat. Yuck!

We popped the turkey into the oven and headed out for our annual Turkey Bowl game! Aaron usually has a group of friends that show up behind Columbia River High School, but this year most people were a no-show. So we headed up to the middle school to meet up with my little bro and his friends, and put on a pretty good game! It was nice having a smaller group this year (some are not pictured.) Everyone got to participate which was nice. I even spend the majority of the game playing QB, and scored a nice touchdown after catching the ball with my neck. Ouch!


Malia was a trooper for hanging out with us in the rain. She stayed dry and warm on the inside, but I think she was a little upset that she couldn't move since she was bundled up and waterproofed.

After the game we headed home for some warm showers, finished preparations for the meal, and had a really great time visiting with family.
Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Jeralyn said...

A couple years ago, we cooked a turkey where I put the butter and seasonings underneath the skin... but it didn't turn out as good as yours! Thanks for letting us taste your leftovers :)