Thursday, August 26, 2010

Our girls...

are WONDERFUL!
Malia has been such an incredible help and really seems to be enjoying being a big sister. Thankfully she has always been incredibly independent and self-entertaining, which makes it nice when I have to focus on Allie's needs. (Which by the way, feeling like a 'boob' is no fun. I can't wait till Allie realizes I am sooo much more!) I feel bad, but Malia sure spends a lot of time playing by herself. I can't wait to Allie get's old enough to be a playmate! Malia loves holding her sister, giving her hugs and kisses, helping with diaper changes, she loves 'checking' on her and telling me when Allie is crying, she's good at finding the pacifier, stays quiet while 'baby' is sleeping, and loves to take pictures with Allie.


Don't you love how Allie is choosing this moment to spit-up? So far, she is less of a spitter-upper than Malia was. Allie nurses very well and eats every 3 hours or so.


This is really poor picture quality, but it really highlights how different these girls eyes are! Malia's have seemed to turn a hazely gray, while Allies are bright blue! Allie still seems pretty fair skinned and I am still getting used to her 'blemishes' being more noticeable. Her hair is still blonde, though sometimes in the right light it appears almost orange.



Though Allie was a big baby, her face was deceiving due to it's tiny features. But lately, she is seeming bigger and bigger! She has officially 'unraveled' (a huge difference from Malia who loved the fetal position), holds her head up well, switched to size 1 diapers after only 3 boxes, and has out grown her newborn outfits in only a couple weeks! (Malia followed the clothes sizes pretty much month for month.) Check out the monkey arms! This was Allies first (and last) time wearing this cute little outfit since the long sleeved jacket became a stylish 'elbow' length.




And since I neglected taking pictures of Allie the past few weeks due to her revolting baby acne... here are some of our cute little girl!



Allie LOVES tummy time!





It's funny when you have your 'second' child; they spend soooo much less time being held! Thankfully Allie appreciates her bouncer and swing.




Just for memories, (since our blog is like a journal), I want to note that Allie has been taking 3 hour naps at the same time as Malia. It is amazing the 'freedom' felt during nap time; I LOVE nap time! Allie has also been going down for bed around 8ish and sleeping for 12 hours with only one feeding in the middle of the night! Both girls seem to be great sleepers! Whoa hoo!
***
I love these pictures of Malia pushing her cousin Merilee... it makes me so excited for the day when Allie and Malia can interact play! I hope and pray that my girls will be the bestest of friends, and that they will have a wonderful, close, sisterly bond.






No comments: