Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Our Girlies

It's still crazy for us to think that we now have 'two' kids. One to two has been quite an adjustment for us, especially with me back at work. It feels like we NEVER get a break! Thankfully Allie is an incredibly easy baby, and in-between naughty episodes, Malia can be so helpful!


Allie seems to be getting cuter each and every day. She constantly spoils us with giggles and smiles. Allie seriously only only fusses when she is hungry or tired. It sure makes it easy for us!




"Terrible Two's" was non existent for us. Unfortunately, I really think our problem is going to be the "Three's". Malia can be such a little snot and has no problem sharing her opinion on things. As you can see, she can now demand food items from the fridge. Here she is picking out the cookie dough.



When she wants, Malia will talk and sing your head off. She's really into singing songs. She really can be quite funny. Half the time she is making up her own language. Right now she has a HUGE obsession with all things 'dinosaur'. I think she sleeps with 5 items now? A puzzle piece dinosaur, a squishy and a hard dinosaur, a stuffed animal dinosaur... oh... and how could I forget this stupid little bunny thing of hers that ALWAYS gets lost, but can never be slept without. What a stinker! Malia also has an incredible memory. I have to remember to only promise things that I can deliver upon because THIS girl will remember!


Not to embarrass her, but ever since I have gone back to work, this little missy who has been potty trained for over 6months now has decided to go #2 in her underwear every afternoon. She loves going to our neighbor Amy's house when I work, and loves when Nana come over too. You would think she was adjusting well, but this??? What a pain! We have tried all sorts of bribing and punishments, but it seems to be a phase that might stick for some time. I can't wait for it to end!



(She's wearing her new favorite outfit from her Aunt Collette.)
Oh, and I wanted to share something super hilarious that she said the other day. We were sitting at church and Malia says "Look mommy! An octopus!" I said "Where is the octopus Malia? There is no octopus here." "Right there!" she points. "Right there!" I quickly shushed and pulled down her finger. She was pointing at the back of the head of the lady sitting right in front of us! Her hair was 'flipped' out, and it must have reminded Malia of an octopus! It was pretty funny.

No comments: