It’s been hard to get in the mood for summer when our sunny days are so far and in between! That’s why we escaped to the LePage Park Campground again by the John Day Dam to soak in some rays. We had a great time camping with Dan and his family, the Kelsey’s & Wishards. We love that we have such close friends in our neighborhood!
Here’s some of the group. The only thing missing is a fire pit… that’s the only down fall about camping over there. There’s always a burn ban.
This was a little crazy… speaking of burn bans. Our first evening some stupid kid lit a pair of pants on fire in the men’s bathroom. Aaron was the first one on the scene and saved the day.
We really CAN NOT wait for Allie to walk! But, thankfully this camping area is grassy and not too terrible for crawling around on. I am sure Allie received plenty of fiber this weekend, she was always munching on grass, leaves or sticks. She also LOVED hanging out with Desmond, the Wishard’s dog.
It was warm enough to enjoy some swimming this time! This was Allie’s first time in her floatie.
I think it was the next day she floated in it that it must have been an incredibly relaxing ride… we propped her up on Malia’s floatie so that the water stayed out of her face. We didn’t dare move her since both girls were terrible at taking naps this camping trip. Thankfully though they still slept well at night, so I suppose it was a fair trade-off.
This was Malia’s first time with her arm floaties! She hated it at first: didn’t like the idea of us not holding on to her. But… just yesterday (flash forward) we went swimming in her Auntie Laura’s pool and Malia was LOVING the independence of knowing how to “swim.” She doesn’t even need the life jacket anymore. It was so fun to watch!
Our little beach bum.
We love boating with Dan. (THANK YOU!) It’s a fun, relaxing way to take in the scenery.
Boating even makes for great fishing!
Chris, Dan’s son, had quite the luck out there. He was catching them faster than Aaron could set-up their lines with bait.
Catfish!
I guess I should take back, or revise the statement before about how ‘relaxing’ boating is. Allie tossed her binkie out on this particular boat ride. Bad news. I successfully occupied and kept her happy for only a short-time. But W-O-W… she screamed for like 20min straight as I tried to put her asleep when she got cranky.
And that’s the hard part about our adventures. At the stage Allie is in, one of us is always occupied with her. So… when Aaron is fishing, I am on baby duty. When I am wakeboarding, he is on baby duty. You know how it goes… We can’t wait to enjoy all of our fun things TOGETHER! Lol.
I know this may sound stupid, but it has been so long since I just “jumped” into the water with a big SPLASH! Weird huh? Jenny and I had fun boat-jumping as we called it. P.S. The wakeboarding was AWESOME this trip too! But, we never got any pictures because, well… did you read the previous comment? Aaron was too busy keeping Al happy.
Ava and Malia are too cute in their life vests.
Allie is definitely into that ‘crawl around get into EVERYTHING’ stage. We had a lot of fun camping, but we’ll admit it was a little exhausting and at times are hands felt pretty full. Without either child taking naps all weekend we didn’t get the relaxing, read-a-book feel we were hoping for. But… we still look forward to more camping trips and as Allie get’s older, we are excited for her to grow out of her super whiny stage that has become a norm due to that stupid upper tooth that is working it’s way through!
But… despite all, she is so gosh darn cute!
Looking forward to a summer full of fun camping trips!
No comments:
Post a Comment