Friday, July 29, 2011

Happy birthday Allie! You’re ONE!

07-27-2011 130

We sure love our crazy blond, blue-eyed baby and her opened mouth kisses. She brings such a spirit of sweetness to our home and there is nothing better than having two girls to play together! Sisters are the best. Allie’s always getting in Malia’s space, she mimics her big sister’s play, and loves to sing and dance to sister’s music and silly songs. Not sure on her exact stats, but Allie seems tallish, I am sure weighs 20+lbs, wears 12-18mo. clothes, oh and here’s some good news… her skin is starting to tan! Hooray! I am so glad that she won’t be our fair, easy to burn baby. (But between her and Aaron, we go through sunscreen like crazy!)

07-27-2011 118

I know it’s probably trashy that Allie’s hangin’ outside with nothing but a diaper on, but she just gets so messy! Every time she eats, (which she’s eating everything now including whole milk), she goes through a new shirt; when outside, she crawls around and just gets so filthy! So… some days I just think… why even put clothes on?!?

We’ve also been trying to get Allie to walk. We like to do so many outdoor activities that sometimes it would be so much easier for her to just get up and go. So… we’ve been practicing outside with some push toys. Why outside you ask? She doesn’t like to crawl on the pavement so she stays up! Lately I can hold her hand and she will waddle beside me. She seems to be learning fast. She would love to run around and play with the neighborhood kids so I hope she gets a walkin’ soon. She loves watching them play, and dances to their chant: “Allie! Allie! Allie!” Poor girl gets really frustrated when she can’t run and play with all the other kids. Speaking of frustration, this girl can through a mean tantrum! You know… the kind where she throws herself, head butts the nearest nose, and screams at the top of her lungs. Yup, that’s our baby.

As for some other random stuff… she hardly nurses, sometimes I give in to help her get down at night. She hasn’t been so good at sleeping through the night lately, wakes up 2-3 times per night, but most always goes back down once rocked and pacified (yup, she still uses a binkie). I guess I should also mention that she has a special pink blanket and yellow duck she likes to caress while sleeping. Allie had her first splinters the other night: screamed as I plucked them out. She has 5, almost 6 teeth (two on the bottom, the other four on top). She loves playing at the park, swinging and going down the slide. She doesn’t cry any more either when we rid our bikes. Oh, and Allie loves to eat dirt.

No comments: