Sunday, October 30, 2011

A lil’ Halloween preview…

On Wednesday night the youth of our church put together a carnival for the families in celebration of Halloween! After a long day of work we came home and threw together the girls’ costumes. (Until this point I still had no idea what Allie was going to be… this is actually Malia’s first costume ever sized 3-6mo. but it still fits! Much to Malia’s pleasure too… she was begging for Allie to be a princess just like herself.) Malia was so excited to be Belle. I’m a little disappointed in the quality of these pictures, but don’t worry, they will be so much more ‘dressed' up’ on the big day and hopefully I’ll get some better shots of them both.

DSCN6477DSCN6484DSCN6486DSCN6489

Picnik collage

Just for the record, Malia had her costume picked out at the very end of September and insisted that she needed princess shoes, gloves, hat… the whole dang thing! Lucky for her, Nana sent a surprise package in the mail. Smile 

For Allie on the other hand… I just couldn’t decide if I was going to purchase her a new costume, or have her wear a hand-me-down. I just hate the idea of looking at pictures years from now and seeing year after year Allie dress up just like Malia did the year before. But alas… with this princess costume, now Allie will be wearing Malia’s ‘3-years-ago-costume’ which for some reason doesn’t seem so bad with that sort of distance. Thank goodness they make them stretchy.

No comments: