We’ve been trying to enjoy every last bit of sunshine we can! Here are some random facts to go along with the pictures:
1) Allie has become so independent lately that she HATES going for walks in the stroller or wagon and cries and screams until she can get out and walk herself… but even then, she moves so slowly as she stops to pick every flower, to step up, down, and over the curb, and to walk every which way BUT the direction we are headed.
2) Malia is such a silly character and has been into jumping off and onto things, and making silly faces for the camera. Thankfully though, this cutie pie can smile on command and is quite photogenic. Like her sister, she likes to dress herself and shoe-herself, which seems to still be a difficult task as her shoes are on the wrong feet.
3) Aside from the hundreds of caterpillars that Aaron ran over with the lawnmower, we seem to still be finding these cute furry things everywhere! At one point in our walk Malia was no longer carrying this little guy, I asked her what happened to him and she said “I put him down so that he could find his mommy and daddy!” Cute…
4) Fact: this is the biggest preying mantis I have seen in real life!
5) Since we walk ‘basically’ the same route every time, we spiced it up with a face-off between whale and mantis. The girls thought it was so funny!
6) Do you see that DUMB pacifier??? Ugh… Allie will not give that thing up. It’s so funny raising two kids. These girls are soooo different: looks, personalities, behavior… all of those things! It’s crazy; you think you have one kid figured out just to start ALL over and figure out another one! Biggest difference so far with these two is #1 Allie still doesn’t sleep through the night #2 Teething has been a nightmare where it was barely noticeable for Malia #3 Allie is a bigger baby and wearing size 2T (hand-me downs straight from Malia’s closet) #4 The binkie, and Allie can not sleep with out her stuffed duck where Malia only has a blanket #5 Allie is a terror… but I guess that’s what being lil’ sister is all about!
7) Do we seem long and slender? Haha… we’ve been running together again! I’ve finally gotten Aaron to come with me, only sucky thing is he makes me push the girls since I’ve been running for a year now. Wow… thanks babe! Oh, and with the craziness of this household, we have been LOVING our weekly date nights with just the TWO of us!
So there ya go… a few random facts about our crazy little family!
1 comment:
Yes... you guys DO look ever so slender in your shadow picture. :) I couldn't help but think, even before you wrote it... about how DIFFERENT your girls appear. Funny how in some families every kid looks the same, but in others they are distinctly different. I hear all the time that my boys look like twins. I bet you'd never hear that. However, you and Aaron are QUITE different looking in color and what not. I suppose you get quite a surprise with each baby. lol
Way to make good use of the glorious sunshine!
Post a Comment