This has been the scene for Malia’s playtimes lately. She’s really been loving her kitchen stuff and picnic table. She is at that age where ‘pretend’ has become a big part of her play. Her stuffed animals are some of her bestest friends and she is ALWAYS talking to herself. Sometimes I think she is talking to me when she says “Owie Mama! Help me!” I ask her if she is ok, no answer. I look over and see her playing and talking to her toys. So funny! She is so involved with her toys that I struggle to get her to eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, everything! She’s even making up pretend words to her everyday nursery rhyme songs. She’ll just start putting into song what Aaron or I are doing: “Mommy is putting away the dishes, she told Daddy to throw the paper away, Allie says ga-ga goo-goo…” Someday I will catch it on video. Speaking of funny things Malia says, here’s a good one:
Me: “Malia, it’s time to go eat breakfast!”
Malia: “No Mama! I don’t like to eat breakfast.”
Me: “Don’t you want to grow big and strong? And do big girl things like mommy does? You need to eat breakfast.”
(meanwhile I was getting dressed)
Malia: “Grow big and strong? And get big boobies!?!”
Me: “Uhh… yes. Eating breakfast will make you big boobies.”
Malia: “Ok! I want big boobies! Let’s go eat breakfast!”
Kids can be soooo ENTERTAINING!
1 comment:
OMGoodness! That is SO funny. I was literally laughing out loud! :) Kids ARE funny for sure. Also, looks like you had a great hike... beautiful pictures!
Post a Comment