Monday, June 20, 2011

The true meaning of Father’s Day…

…an opportunity to enjoy the simple pleasures of your family, a chance to admire your accomplishments, a day to savor precious moments like children laughing in harmony with each other…

DSCN4125

All Aaron asked for on his special day was that we be on-time to church. Ha! You might be laughing to yourself, but this is something we struggle with every week! I set the alarm for 6:30am with the hopes that 2 1/2 hours was enough time to get ready, surprise everyone with breakfast (I am not a big morning breakfast eater, nor do I like to wake up early to MAKE breakfast) and make it to church by 9am. Everything was running smoothly until I tried to wake Malia so that she could surprise her dad with a card. Little grumpy girl needed too much TLC and as a result I spent too long upstairs, forgot about the hash browns, pancakes, eggs and bacon that were all on the stove, and burnt everything! Aaron was kind enough to pick through the black stuff. Oh well, it’s the thought that counts right? We successfully made it to church on time, had a relaxing afternoon (which even included a nap!) and a pleasant evening as a family at the park.

Happy Father’s Day Aaron!

DSCN4086DSCN4126

No comments: