We look forward to this traditional evening every year! Malia loves parades, (especially when candy gets thrown out), and it was so much fun watching Allie wave and clap at the people and floats. We were a little nervous keeping both girls out so late beyond their bed times, and with last years altercation on the MAX with some young dumb hoodlums I was very hesitant to go. But… Laura and I had decided to run the 5k (which has endless people watching possibilities with the crazy’s in costume) so to the parade we went! (And this year we used the express bus instead which drove a much classier sort of people!)
Malia was so excited to ride the bus. Now she won’t stop talking about riding the bus to preschool! If only she knew…
It was SUPER hot and humid Saturday night, but the feeling of running with 4,000 other people in the middle of downtown was AMAZING! It was so much FUN and we can’t wait till next year!
It’s always fun seeing Auntie Laura and Adrienne!
I felt bad leaving Aaron alone with the girls while I ran but he managed well. The worst part was what Aaron would do when Malia had to use the bathroom: how to take her and Allie at the same time, what and how he would take the important stuff to take with him, that sort of stuff. Luckily there was a grate around the tree next to our spot that Malia could squat by herself on. Aaron said it was pretty funny especially since not everyone approved. But hey… when the girl has to go, she’s got to go! There was also a nice family in front that kept Malia occupied and fed while Aaron took care of our fussy baby girl.
Notice bib-less Adge? I think next year we might run “free” as well!
I hate to admit it, but parades get more and more boring with each passing year. Luckily we have some beautiful girls to enjoy them with!
No comments:
Post a Comment