We trade-off Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve every year, so this year was Aaron’s family’s turn! Funny enough, there were weren’t really any plans… Aaron had a lot of brothers in town, but they all seemed to have plans with their own in-laws and since everyone was waiting for Mike and Song’s arrival, they planned their Brewer Family get-together festivities on actual Christmas. Oh well… since we were free, we hung out with Adam and Kylie and their new baby William. He is so cute!
It was kind of nice to have a free evening because Santa gave us a few things we still had to work on! As soon as we got home we opened our traditional present before bed-time. Maybe when the kids get older we’ll try the whole wake-up in the middle of the night when Santa arrives… who knows. Both girls were pretty tired, so it was kind of a forced fun.
Such cute jammies and slippers!
After bed-time Santa’s elves got to work! We still had an entire bunk bed to put together. Ugh! Aaron had already put a few hours in the night before while in the garage, but even then, we spent an additional 6hours! Thankfully Adam and Kylie came over to help for a few hours, and just by chance Michael came by to spend the night and was able to help during the toughest part. See… we put the beds together down stairs because we didn’t want to wake the kids. Well, after an already irritating mishap with not following directions and losing pegs and screws that were later found in Aaron’s pockets, we still had to make the ascent into Malia’s room! Dumb. That was tough, and things just weren’t fitting. Thank goodness we had Mike’s muscles for this part.
Aside from removing the door, I’m not sure what else they did to get the beds in. I just disappeared and picked up all the garbage for while because they both seemed pretty irritated. We stayed up till 1:30am, and I was much too exhausted to finish making the beds, so here’s what they looked like, new bedding and all.
Sometime in the future we have plans of new paint and décor… but that’s the next time I have a burst of energy! We moved Malia into our bed during this transition in the hopes that we could catch her excitement Christmas morning. It’s too bad that she got up while we were busy taking our showers in preparation for church… she walks into our bathroom and was like “I woke up in your room. I couldn’t find my pillow-pet, so I looked in my room, and Santa brought me a bunk-bed. Hmmm.” Darn it! And she just said it so matter of fact. Oh well.
And… Here’s how Santa left our tree! (After taking this picture both Aaron and I were like “wow… all those small gifts look pathetic!” Haha. Well, that’s because someone forgot about the stash of big-boxed presents hidden in the closet. Oops. Guess we’ll save them for birthdays!)
1 comment:
Sorry but I have to laugh. I can just picture the bed making in the garage with the lost nuts/bolts.Don't feel too bad though,the year we got Mason that red kitchen it took Jon almost 5 hours to put together! We went to bed at 1:30 as well. And that was just a toy kitchen! Good job Brewers!
Post a Comment