Monday, December 5, 2011

LaCenter Christmas Festival

LaCenter is the cute little town north of us where I work. Its funny… for a couple years now we have attended many of the fun community events they have had there, but not once have we attended anything in Ridgefield! Hmmm… Anyways… this is a fun one to go to because they do fireworks right after they light the tree. It’s pretty fun to watch until your almost 4-year old who is high up on your shoulders freaks out and starts clawing at your eyes because she is scared. It made it a little difficult to enjoy them. Oh, and did I mention that we lost Collin, our friends son for a few minutes in the chaos? Anyways. The only other reason we went, besides to see our good friends the Horrocks again, was to get a picture with Santa. I’ll admit it, I don’t want to pay for a Santa picture at the Mall… but this year??? It’s probably going to happen. It’s hard enough as it is to get a picture standing shoulder to shoulder in a crowd of crazy people pushing their kids forward in line, but the lighting is also terrible, the stupid poles from the float get in the way… oh, and a dying camera battery doesn’t help either. But… the funniest part, is after the chaos, Aaron threw our cute little friend Hadley into the picture too! So it made for more of a ‘friendly’ sort of Santa picture rather than a Santa picture with both of my girls. Oh well. That’s Mrs. Claus with Malia, and Hadley and Allie on Santa’s lap. Even IF my girls were both on Santa’s lap the picture wouldn’t have turned out anyway because the cute little Elf helper girls are sitting in the way. Ba-hum-bug… But thank you Katie for at least getting a picture!

050

Love the captured moment here:

DSCN7077

I feel bad for being disappointed. It is just a stupid picture anyway. Hey… at least now I can get a very cute picture of my girls in their matching Christmas dresses!

Here’s our crazy kiddos in front of the lighted tree!

DSCN7079

1 comment:

Kati Howard said...

Love the pictue of Allie and Santa!