Thursday, July 3, 2008

Malia's first camping trip!

Last weekend we went camping with our friends Andy and Danielle. We went to Canyon Creek Campground, which is about an hour away towards Amboy. Despite the 90 degree weather, the huge flying ants, and a horrible case of allergies, we had ALOT of fun! Malia did great and here's the best part... after several years and no success... Aaron was finally able to catch some fish!
With all of the yucky heat, we tried to spend as much time down by the water with the boys as they fished. It was a beautiful place!
Here's the Brewer family with Andy, Danielle, and Oscar. Andy has become quite the expert with fishing... I think Aaron has found himself a new best friend!
Aaron and his lucky catch of the day!!! Malia and I were so proud of him!
After their catches in the morning, the fish seemed less than interested with their off-shore fishing. So, Andy and Aaron tried a new strategy and sported these very attractive weighters. Unfortunately, I think they scared the fish away... oh well. They still had lots of fun!

Aaron casting with perfect form...
Though they didn't catch a ton of fish, these three trout will make for a fine eating! (Not for me of course... I hate fish!)


No comments: