Monday, July 14, 2008

Our Brave Little Girl

Malia had another check-up today! Dr. said she is doing well, despite the fact that she hasn't yet mastered the art of "rolling". She weighs 13lbs 13oz, and is 24.5in long! It was very surprising to hear that she was only in the 40th percentile for her size because to us, she is quite the chunk!
Malia also had to get 4 shots today. She was sooo brave! It is really sad when you lay your baby down on the doctor's table, see her look up at you with those big blue eyes and that priceless grin, hear her give you a little coo, and then watch it all disappear when that mean nurse jabs the needle in... so... I made Aaron do it. That way, when it was all over with, mommy was still the good guy :) Malia cried for maybe a minute; not the screaming I'm in pain cry, and actually left the room with just a little whimper. She did so good! She even tried to smile when it was all done... what a brave little girl!

1 comment:

Jeni Boston said...

I hate taking my kids to get their shots! I always make Todd hold them too. Way to go Malia, for being so brave!!