Sunday, October 26, 2008

Malia's First Hallowen Party!

I thought that for the Halloween party on Saturday, it would be really fun for us to have a "family theme" for our costumes. We wanted to do something low-key and low-budget since we are busy paying off our new medical bills. I opened my bottom dresser drawer and it hit me... we could be a sports family! I already had the soccer gear get-up, and our neighbor had this sweet referee top that Aaron could borrow. Now, all we had to do was get Malia on board. (We had already bought a Princess costume for actual Halloween, but I really wanted us to have a theme for the party and it would have been too expensive to dress Aaron as the Burger King, and myself as a Queen.) Anyways, we went out on Friday night in search of a sports-themed costume for Malia. After looking through Goodwill, Wal-Mart, Target, and Fred Meyers, we, well mostly I, returned home feeling very disappointed and defeated. I guess Malia would wear the princess costume after all and not even look like our daughter since she wouldn't match. (*sigh*) When we returned home, I walked upstairs to put Malia down for bed and then I saw it... Her costume was right in front of our eyes the whole time!!!
When I told Aaron that I thought this would work he just kept saying, "No way... it'll be too small! Plus, do you really want her to look like a little boy?" Who cares about the boy part, at least she would match! It could not have been more PERFECT!We make a really cute family... One HOT soccer mom, a very sexy referee, and the cutest softball player you've ever seen!
We had so much fun!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

haha!!!! i have to say thats adorable but me and sarah both agree its sorta wierd and look squite uncomfortable...:)

Harmon's said...

Thats Hilarious!!

Sherman Family said...

I was cracking up when I read your post and saw the pictures. Malia looks so cute in the bear's outfit! Hope you all are doing wonderfully.

ABCD Clapp said...

in love with malia's costume, that is a little girl after her daddy's heart!